Saturday, February 16, 2013

McAfee Total Protection 2013 Review (Just the Main Stuff)


McAfee Total Protection 2013 is an total protection (as the name implies) security suite. It includes abilities to mark devices connected to your home network as intruders, to cleaning your computer of junk files and malware.

McAfee has a 2-way firewall, much like Comodo's free firewall.

As with any other paid security suites, McAfee has Real Time Scanning. On my computers however, McAfee had some trouble starting the Real-Time Scanning, and the next time at boot, The RT Scanning actually worked.

I don't use the parental controls, nor the data backup and protection, so I can't judge on that.

The user interface is surely improved from the 2012 version, but this interface still lacks creativity.

I'm feeling lazy right now.. lol x) So this is where the incredibly short review ends..

PCWorld says that McAfee is an average security suite, and I have to agree. If you can't afford better security suites, such as Norton, I suggest this product. Rating this 4/5 stars.

Buy McAfee Total Protection 2013:



Norton 360 Premium 2013: 




~Jeff~



*I am in no way affiliated with the products mentioned in this post.*

No comments:

Post a Comment